Winter is right around the corner.
While there are plenty of options for affordable ski getaways in the US and Canada, sometimes you just need to splurge.
HomeToGo, a vacation rental search tool, has compiled a list of the most expensive ski resorts in North America, so you can plan a mountain weekend in the lap of luxury.
They gathered data for the 35 top-rated ski resorts in the US and Canada, and then estimated the average total cost of a one day/night stay. The final cost includes:
- Equipment rental: skis, boots, poles, and a helmet for one day.
- A one-day lift pass.
- Lunch: a burger with fries and a soda at a restaurant on the slopes.
- Accommodation: the average price per person for a four-person vacation rental found on HomeToGo in the ski resort, between December 16, 2017 and April 15, 2018.
When prices were unavailable from the resorts, HomeToGo based price forecasts for this winter on last season’s prices.
Below, check out 16 of the most luxurious ski resorts in North America where a day of skiing plus an overnight stay costs between $250 and $486.
16. Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia
Total cost (1 day/night): $253.02
Equipment rental and lift ticket: $155
Vacation rental: $90.28
15. Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Total cost (1 day/night): $262.93
Equipment rental and lift ticket: $150
Vacation rental: $97.43
14. Mammoth Mountain, California
Total cost (1 day/night): $264.79
Equipment rental and lift ticket: $171
Vacation rental: $83.05