- Corey Feldman has been talking about Hollywood pedophilia for years.
- He’s raising money to make a documentary that he says will expose the powerful producers who allegedly participated in abusing him.
- Feldman has worked in Hollywood since he was a child, in movies like “The Goonies” and “The Lost Boys.”
- The fundraising campaign comes in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
Corey Feldman, who starred as a child in ’80s classics like “The Goonies,” “Stand by Me,” and “The Lost Boys,” is raising money to make a documentary about his life that would expose what he says is widespread pedophilia within the movie industry.
Feldman has held accusations against Hollywood executives for years. He spoke about it on ABC’s “Nightline” in 2011 and discussed his abuse in his 2013 memoir “Coreyography,” as well as his reality TV show “The Two Coreys.” His costar, Corey Haim, was also a pedophilia victim.
“What I’m proposing is a plan that I believe can literally change the entertainment system as we know it,” Feldman said in the announcement video for his fundraising campaign. “I can also bring down, potentially, a pedophile ring that I have been aware of since I was a child.”
Feldman says he has at least six people to name, one of which is still powerful today, but he hasn’t yet because of legal liabilities. One of these people, he said, is currently a powerful member of a major Hollywood studio.
“If I were to go and mention anybody’s name, I would be the one that would be in legal problems and I’m the one that would be sued,” he told The Hollywood Reporter in 2016.
In his video announcing the fundraising campaign, Feldman suggested he’s been the victim of an elaborate conspiracy theory to make his life worse. Feldman said that since he went public with his plans to make a documentary about his experience, his life has been put in danger.
“I had a near-death experience last night where I felt like I was almost going to be killed,” Feldman said. “Two trucks came speeding at me at the same time on a crosswalk. And then several of my band members decided to quit because they decided they were afraid for their lives.”
Feldman’s Indiegogo campaign has raised more than $90,000 so far out of the $10 million he is seeking to raise.
I PRAY THAT EACH DAY GROWS MORE SUCCESSFUL & WE CAN START PREPRODUCTION ON THE FILM ASAP! LETS KEEP THE MOMENTUM GOING! #ISTANDWITHCOREY
— Corey Feldman (@Corey_Feldman) October 26, 2017
The campaign follows revelations about Harvey Weinstein, who is at the center of a scandal where dozens of actresses have accused him of sexual assault, abuse, or rape.
In the wake of accusations about Weinstein, other members of Hollywood have discussed alleged sexual abuse. Director James Toback has been accused by hundreds of women of sexual harassment or assault. And Molly Ringwald said she was sexually abused while she was a teenager working in the industry.
“Join me and let our voices be heard,” Feldman said in his announcement video. “I’ve lived in shame and fear in my entire life, and so have millions of others. And now we have the ability to let our voices be heard and break the dam of silence.”
If you are a victim of sexual assault, you can visit RAINN or call its hotline at 1-800-656-4673 to receive confidential support from a trained staff member.