- Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos has accused Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct.
- His accusation follows actor Anthony Rapp’s allegation that Spacey made a sexual advance toward him when he was 14 years old.
Another actor has come forward to accuse “House of Cards” star Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct.
Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos said in a Facebook post on Monday that Spacey tried to touch him against his will at the bar of London’s Old Vic Theatre in 2008.
As Mashable notes, Spacey was the artistic director of the theater from 2004 to 2015, and Cavazos appeared in numerous plays there, starting in 2008.
“I don’t remember how many people told me the same story: Spacey would invite them to meet him to ‘talk about their careers,'” Cavazos wrote. “When they arrived at the theatre, [Spacey] had prepared champagne on the stage, beautifully lit.”
“Each story varied in how far the picnic went, but the technique was the same. More common was to find him at the bar of the theatre, grabbing whoever caught his attention,” he continued. “That’s how it happened to me the second time. I didn’t stand for it, but I know some people who were too scared to stop it.”
Cavazos’ accusation follows a sexual misconduct allegation against Spacey made by “Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp last week. Rapp said Spacey made a sexual advance toward him when he was 14 years old.
“There are many of us who have a ‘Kevin Spacey story,'” Cavazos wrote. “It seems the only requirement was to be a male under the age of 30 for Mr Spacey to feel free to touch us. It was so common that it became a local joke (of very bad taste).”
In a statement, The Old Vic Theatre expressed “deep dismay” at the allegations.
“Inappropriate behaviour by anyone working at The Old Vic is completely unacceptable,” it said.
Spacey’s representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Production on the Spacey-led Netflix series “House of Cards” was suspended indefinitely on Tuesday, following the allegation made by Rapp.